These Oven Baked Green Bean Fries take only 15 minutes to make and are served with a Creamy Sriracha Dipping Sauce!
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Sweets & Snacks Expo (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Moon Cheese products to facilitate my post, but my opinion and creative content are my own.
Being a mom to a picky eater means you sometimes have to sneak things in…like vegetables. The older he gets, the more he is able to detect when I sneak them in so I have had to come up with a different plan. Disguising veggies into food he likes.
One of the easiest ways I got my picky eater to eat green beans is by coating them in something crunchy and turning them into a fry. He tried them at a popular restaurant and fell in love so I had to quickly learn how to make them at home. And I’m happy to report that he now eats green beans in their natural form but also asks for these green bean fries as well.
They are not only a favorite for my picky eater but a family favorite. They are quick to make and the perfect side dish to just about any meal. Skip the fries with burgers and make green bean fries instead! You’ll still get that crunch but also sneak a vegetable in.
One of the things that I find the most important when it comes to these fries is the breading. I have tried plain ‘old bread crumbs in the beginning but the real winner is a more cheesier breading. When I was introduced to Moon Cheese, I knew it would be the perfect topping for my Oven Baked Green Beans.
Oven Baked Green Bean Fries with Creamy Sriracha Sauce
Oven Baked Green Beans
- 8 oz fresh green beans
- 1 package of Moon Cheese in your favorite flavor, I used Gouda, crushed
- 2 eggs, beaten
Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Dip green beans in the eggs and then the crushed Moon Cheese. Make sure they are coated well. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- While the green beans are baking, prepare your Sriracha Sauce by mixing greek yogurt, sriracha, minced shallots, smoked paprika, garlic clove, honey, salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- Serve green bean fries with creamy sriracha sauce.
And every good fry needs something to be dipped in! This Creamy Sriracha Sauce has just enough kick to take the green beans up a notch.
IT’S REALLY ONLY MADE OF CHEESE?
Yup! Using patented technologies only the moisture is removed from cheese while keeping all the nutrition and flavor. You’ve never tried anything like this! With all the goodness of cheese, it’s a perfect on-the-go healthy snack with no refrigeration required!
Check out more #MomBlogTourFF recipes featuring Moon Cheese:
- Reesa’s Three Cheese Spinach Dip
MOON CHEESE GIVEAWAY!
Win a prize pack of assorted Moon Cheese! One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.