Creamy and rich, this Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle is filled with brownies, pudding
Growing up there was one constant in our house at Easter time: Gertrude Hawk Chocolate. Year after year, our Easter baskets were filled with Gertrude Hawk. Thanks to school fundraisers, my mom would not only support our school but also get her basket filler shopping done in one shot.
I could always count on there being a Milk Chocolate Cross and Ballerina in my basket. And you can’t forget a Milk Chocolate Bunny. One that I would contemplate on whether I was going to go for the ears or feet first.
But there was another thing that we waited patiently for: Smidgens. My mom would buy a box of Smidgens for our Easter dessert. We weren’t allowed to bust open that box any sooner. It would sit on the dining room buffet taunting me. But when it was time, it was so worth it! At Easter, Gertrude Hawk offers their best deal on Smidgens: Buy any 2 packs and get 1 FREE! That’s over 2.5 lbs. of chocolate for only $22!
Fast forward to present day Easter. Every holiday, my sister puts me in charge of a dessert. I’ve made cakes, brownies, cheesecakes. You name it. And I always try to bring something new. When trying to plan dessert, I consult with my husband. He’s our resident picky eater so I try to make sure there will be a dessert that he will eat.
So when he suggested this peanut butter trifle we had at a friend’s party, I knew it would fit bill. I also knew that my peanut butter cup loving nieces would love it as well.
I gathered all of the ingredients to build this amazing trifle and you better believe that I topped it with my all time favorite Easter Treat: Gertrude Hawk Peanut Butter Smidgens.
- 1 fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Gertrude Hawk Peanut Butter Smidgens
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in peanut butter chips. Bake in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with Gertrude Hawk Peanut Butter Smidgens. Refrigerate until chilled.
I can guarantee you that this dessert will be the hit at your Easter dinner!
Gertrude Hawk Chocolate is making it easy for you to be ready for Easter this year! Gertrude Hawk’s Lil’ Easter Totes are just $9.99 each and are adorable, felt totes packed full with solid chocolate favorites.