This no bake popcorn cake will take your movie night to the next level! It’s a very fun snack to bring along with you to any occasion!
Whenever I plan a movie night, I know we are going to have a big bowl of popcorn. And while I love a fresh popped popcorn sometimes, you have to switch it up a bit. It needs to be kicked up a notch. I can’t ever just make something simple! I love throwing some M&M’s® into my popcorn. It’s just such a great combination.
When thinking of how I could take our popcorn to the next level, I took my favorite popcorn combination and turn it into a fun treat. And that’s how I arrived at this no bake Popcorn Cake! It looks fancy. It’s easy to make. And it’s very inexpensive.
What is Popcorn Cake
Popcorn cake is a buttery, salty, sticky sweet cake dotted with M&M’s! You can customize your popcorn cake anyway you like! Add pretzel sticks or chocolate chips. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Or go crazy and add peanut butter. You can even add chocolate to your melted mixture to create a chocolate popcorn cake. The sky is the limit!
How to Make Popcorn Cake
The steps are very similar to make Crispy Treats. First, melt butter, oil, and marshmallows in a sauce pan.
While they are melting, pop your popcorn however you like. For our popcorn cake, I used microwave popcorn. Gently fold in your mix-ins, like M&Ms.
Tip: Remove any extra kernels from the popcorn that didn’t pop!
Next, pour your melted mixture over top your freshly popped popcorn. Stir well.
Place into a greased bundt pan. Let your popcorn cake sit for a few minutes to firm up. When your popcorn cake is ready, flip over onto a prepared surface.
Ta-da! Popcorn cake!
This would be great for any kind of party: birthday, holiday, or your next in home movie night! It’s a very fun snack to bring along with you to any occasion!
Tips for making Popcorn Cake:
- It is very important to use butter – do not substitute margarine!
- After popping your popcorn, remove any extra kernels that didn’t pop.
- Make sure you grease your bundt pan thoroughly so your cake doesn’t stick! You can use a spray or butter.
- You can add any kind of mix-ins to your popcorn cake: sprinkles, chocolate chips, dried fruits, and nuts!
How to Store Popcorn Cake
Wondering how to store popcorn cake? Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. However, popcorn cake doesn’t last too long! It is best eaten the same day as made.
More desserts for your next movie night you might enjoy:
- Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Cider Donut Cake
- Monster Treats
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1 lb. bag marshmallows
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup one stick butter
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pop popcorn and place into a large mixing bowl with M&Ms. Heat the oil, butter, and marshmallows in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture and combine.
- Press popcorn mixture into the angel food or bundt pan.
- Allow to sit for awhile until cool. Invert pan onto a plate and remove from pan.
- Invert pan onto plate and remove the cake from pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438 Total Fat: 25.7g Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 197mg Carbohydrates: 50.2g Fiber: 2.4g Sugar: 35g Protein: 4.8g