This popcorn cake will take your movie night to the next level! It’s a very fun snack to bring along with you to any occasion!
Whenever I plan a movie night, I know we are going to have a big bowl of popcorn. And while I love a fresh popped popcorn sometimes, you have to switch it up a bit. It needs to be kicked up a notch. I can’t ever just make something simple! I love throwing some M&M’s® into my popcorn. It’s just such a great combination.
When thinking of how I could take our popcorn to the next level, I took my favorite popcorn combination and turn it into a fun treat. And that’s how I arrived at Popcorn Cake! It looks fancy. It’s easy to make. And it’s very inexpensive.
If you know how to make Crispy Treats, then you can make this popcorn cake! The steps are very similar: melt butter and marshmallows, add fresh popped popcorn, stir, and place into a greased bundt pan.
Ta-da! Popcorn cake!
This would be great for any kind of party: birthday, holiday, or your next in home movie night! It’s a very fun snack to bring along with you to any occasion!
Tips for making Popcorn Cake:
- It is very important to use butter – do not substitute margarine!
- After popping your popcorn, remove any extra kernels that didn’t pop.
- Make sure you grease your bundt pan thoroughly so your cake doesn’t stick! you can use a spray or butter.
- You can add any kind of mix-ins to your popcorn cake: sprinkles, chocolate chips, dried fruits, and nuts!
- Store airtight for up to 2 days. However, this popcorn cake is best if eaten the same day as made.
More desserts for your next movie night you might enjoy:
- Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Cider Donut Cake
- Monster Treats
How to Make Popcorn Cake
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1 lb. bag marshmallows
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup one stick butter
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Pop popcorn and place into a large mixing bowl with M&Ms. Heat the oil, butter, and marshmallows in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn mixture and combine.
Press popcorn mixture into the angel food or bundt pan.
Allow to sit for awhile until cool. Invert pan onto a plate and remove from pan.
Invert pan onto plate and remove the cake from pan.