With the summer coming up, everyone is thinking about delicious, sweet, and cold treats to share with their family. And nothing screams summertime like a good old fashioned popsicle!
Since they require just a few simple ingredients, popsicles are easy to whip up at home. Once you learn the basic steps, you can make an infinite variety of fruity and creamy pops.
Tips for making homemade popsicles:
- Always use seasonal fruit that’s not overly ripe. The riper the fruit, the sweeter the pop, and the less added sugar you’ll need.
- Unless you’re making milk-, cream-, or yogurt-based pops, which tend to be thicker, fruit chunks will sink to the bottom of the pops. To prevent this, fill molds a quarter of the way, freeze them partially, and then add the rest of the fruit on top of the frozen part, and top it off with more of the base.
- Once you’ve made ice pops a few times and feel comfortable with the process, experiment with your own unique flavor combinations.
- To create a striped layer or two in your popsicles, rotate pouring two or three different mixtures into your mold. Make sure you let each layer partially freeze before adding the next one; repeat until there is only about one-quarter inch of room left. Insert the popsicle stick before the pop fully freezes.
Popsicle Making Essentials
If you have a well-stocked kitchen, making popsicles shouldn’t require too many additional purchases beyond molds and popsicle sticks.
Ozera Reusable Popsicle Molds Ice Pop Molds Maker – Set of 6 – With Silicone Funnel & Cleaning Brush – GreenOnyx Stainless Steel Popsicle MoldZoku Mini Pop MoldsAstra Gourmet 10-Cavity Slicone Frozen Ice Pop Maker with 50 Wooden Sticks for Toddlers, Kids and Adults – BPA Free(Red)12 oz. White Paper Hot Cups [100 Pack]Acerich 200 Pcs Craft Sticks Ice Cream Sticks Wooden Popsicle Sticks 4-1/2OXO Good Grips Swivel PeelerBLACK+DECKER Countertop Blender with 5-Cup Glass Jar, 10-Speed Settings, Black, BL2010BGCuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers365 Everyday Value, Wax Paper, 75 SQ FT
This icy treat has been around forever and adults love them just as much as the kids do. That’s why I’ve compiled some of my favorite popsicle recipes to share with you today! Take a look and let me know which one’s your kids (and you) would like to most!
25 Popsicles You Need to Make This Summer
Fruit based popsicles are not only refreshing but healthy too!
Easy 2-Ingredient Strawberry Mango Popsicles (No-Sugar Added)
These Easy 2-Ingredient Strawberry Mango Popsicles are made with the real fruit you love, no added sugar, and are gluten-free, vegan, paleo, and allergy-free!
Yogurt & Milk Based Popsicles
Yogurt and milk based popsicles are easy and healthy. You don’t have worry about the kids eating these daily!
Favorite Summer Drinks turned into Popsicles
What’s better than your favorite summer drink? Your favorite summer drink turned into a popsicle!
More fun popsicles for summer!
From fudgesicles to unique flavor combinations, you have to try one of these popsicles!
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Marshmallow Swirl Popsicles
Talk about an indulgent summer treat! These Chocolate and Peanut Butter Marshmallow Swirl Popsicles are an amazingly good dessert recipe everyone will love!
Looking for more fun summer treats?
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Frozen Lemonade
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cheesecake
- Nutter Butter Flip Flops