Before you hit the road this winter, make sure you are prepared! Thanks to Sam’s Club’s #SCDareToCompare, we are ready for whatever winter throws at us!
The winter weather finally hit us! The weather is dropping. We got our first snow. And Christmas is on the horizon. With winter, comes car prep! It is essential to prepare your car, truck, or SUV for the winter months ahead. You also need to do this if you will be traveling through cold weather, especially around the holidays. If your vehicle is not ready for the drop in temperature, you could pay the price for not being prepared.
What should you do to get your car ready? Here are a few top tips.
Be Prepared for Winter Driving by Doing These 5 Things
1. Get your battery checked. There is nothing worse than being stranded during the holiday season at a shopping mall or on the side of a highway. It is important to get your vehicle’s battery checked, especially if it is over three years old.
2. Antifreeze. Your vehicle should have a 50-50 antifreeze and water mixture inside its radiator. Antifreeze may even “look healthy” but still need replacing. The antifreeze’s important additives could be worn out, which means it won’t protect your vehicle.
3. Check your tires. When snow and ice hit the ground, it is difficult to get good traction on roads and highways. Having the correct tire pressure allows your vehicle to have the best possible traction in snow and ice. With colder weather comes a drop in the air pressure of your tires. And if you need new tires? You need a deal that won’t eat into your Christmas budget.
A Sam’s Club membership continues to get you unbeatable winter deals on everything, including auto & tire services! The Sam’s Club Dare to Compare all-in tire offer is truly unbeatable. Sam’s Club offers the best tire brands at the best all-in price, matching offer. These tire brands include: Michelin, Goodyear, BF Goodrich and Pirelli. Not only does Sam’s Club offer a fabulous price on tires, but they also include the Tire Installation Package with each tire purchase. The Tire Installation Package makes this deal unbeatable! ($15/tire, $25/dually tire).
How does it work?
Bring a valid “all-in” quote from a tire sales and installation retailer to your Sam’s Club Tire and Battery Center service counter. The quote must be printed on dealer/retailer letterhead and dated within the past 7 business days.
The tire must be the same brand, same line, same load index and speed rating (service description) as the tire intended for purchase at Sam’s Club. Sam’s Club carries some club-specific tire lines – in these cases, Sam’s Club will compare the club-specific tire line to the equivalent general-market tire line. Sam’s Club considers the following tire lines to be equivalent and will price match accordingly:
o Club-Specific Tire Model: General-Market Tire Model
o BFGoodrich Touring T/A: BFGoodrich Advantage T/A
o Michelin Defender XT: Michelin Defender
o Michelin X Radial LT2: Michelin LTX M/S2
4. Oil change. It is important to make sure your car has the right oil for colder months and getting it replaced as the seasons change is important. Certain types of oil perform better in certain conditions. Your mechanic can let you know if a change is recommended. You need the correct thickness of oil as colder weather makes oil run thicker. Your vehicle’s life-blood can’t work properly if it is too thick, so make sure you get it changed if you are due.
5. Wiper blades. It seems simple enough, but if you can’t see the road or vehicles in front of you, there’s a great risk of an accident. The more it rains, snows, and sleets, the more use your wipers will get. Extreme weather situations make it increasingly important to have wipers that have a significant amount of life left.
Just a few steps can keep you safe during the winter months. It may cost a little bit of money up front, but it will save you much more in the long run.