Homemade dinner rolls are the unsung heroes of a well-rounded family meal, and they play a vital role in turning ordinary dinners into extraordinary feasts.
Whether you’re serving them with a cozy bowl of soup, a hearty holiday dinner, or a casual weeknight meal, there’s something undeniably comforting about homemade dinner rolls.
Tips for Making Quick and Easy Dinner Rolls:
Making quick and easy dinner rolls is a straightforward process, and with a few handy tips, you can whip up these delightful bread rolls in no time. Here are some tips to help you create delicious dinner rolls with ease:
Choose Instant Yeast: Instant yeast, also known as rapid-rise or quick-rise yeast, is your best friend when making quick dinner rolls. It requires less time to rise and can be added directly to your dry ingredients.
Warm Ingredients: Use warm (not hot) liquid ingredients, such as water or milk. Warm liquids help the yeast activate faster.
Knead Efficiently: Quick rolls usually require minimal kneading. Work the dough just enough to form a smooth, elastic ball to save time.
Speed Up Rising: Preheat your oven to the lowest possible temperature, then turn it off. Place your covered dough in the warm oven to speed up the rising process. Be sure to use an oven-safe container.
Buttery Finish: For that classic dinner roll flavor, brush the freshly baked rolls with melted butter as soon as they come out of the oven.
Serve Warm: Quick and easy dinner rolls are best enjoyed straight from the oven when they’re warm and at their freshest.
If you’re new to making dinner rolls, practice a few times to get the hang of the process. As you become more familiar with the recipe, you’ll get faster each time.
Quick and Easy Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 packages of Active Yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup melted Keller's Creamery Butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup suagr
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- In a large bowl combine warm water with yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Using your mixer with the dough hook attached, combine butter, sugar, eggs and salt.
- Add in the yeast mixture and mix to combine.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing between each cup. When the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl, you’ve added enough flour. You should need about 4 cups total, give or take a little.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured clean working surface and knead for a minute or two.
- Divide the dough into 24 each pieces, then roll each piece into a smooth round ball.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 inch baking dish by lightly greasing it.
- Place the dough balls into the pan, leaving equal space between each round ball.
- Cover the rolls and let them rise for about 60-90 minutes, or until doubled.
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown. Brush with melted butter.
Quick and easy dinner rolls are the perfect solution for busy nights or last-minute meal planning. With a little know-how and a simple recipe, you can have these delectable bread rolls on your table in no time.