Set up a make your own rice bowl bar for busy nights!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowls.
We are winding down our crazy and hectic summer this week and I can not wait for the break. But until then, I have to get us through those busy nights with quick and easy dinners. These meals are usually simple, like my Rice Bowl Bar that can be prepped ahead of time saving you a ton of time.
A RICE BOWL BAR WILL SAVE DINNERTIME!
Rice bowls are a quick and easy way for me to get dinner on the table when we have to get out the door quickly. You can prep ahead saving you even more time! You can customize, create or personalize your rice bowl using your favorite ingredients. Rice served in a bowl is the perfect base and unifying factor of that avocado, can of beans and leftover chicken.
Since you want to have a variety of ingredients for your bowls (thanks to picky eaters), you can get them all ready during the day. When it’s time to eat, just heat and serve!
The key? Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowls! Minute now offers a larger size perfect for family meals that are fully cooked (you heard that right) and are ready in only a few minutes. Simply remove the film … heat the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes and serve. Minute Family Bowls are available in 100% Whole Grain Brown and White Rice, both are gluten free and contain no preservatives.
Make-Ahead Rice Bowl Bar
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 lb shredded chicken
- Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowl
- toppings: diced tomatoes, sliced olives, avocado, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa, black beans
- Prepare the ground beef by browning in a pan, then draining the fat. Mix seasoning packet according to directions and simmer a few minutes.
- If you using cooked chicken, shred and warm in pan with taco seasoning.
- Prepare Minute Rice Bowls according to package.
- Assemble your rice bowls to your liking!