Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes – the perfect side dish for pizza night!
Thank you to Dr. Oetker USA LLC for sponsoring this post. Visit the store locator to find Virtuoso Pizza by Dr. Oetker in a retailer near you!
It’s officially fall, which for me means it’s the season of heavy meal planning time.
When we have a busy schedule, meal planning makes it easier on me. During my busiest days, it’s reassuring to know what we are going to have for dinner. Depending on what our schedule brings, our meals vary, but you can’t beat a meal that’s both delicious and convenient. Pizza is a quick and easy meal that I know everyone will enjoy.
Virtuoso Pizza by Dr. Oetker is a brand I’m loving lately. They have a new classic crust variety that is a thicker crust that is crispy on the outside and light and airy on the inside, topped with their signature sauce and a delicious combination of fresh-picked vegetables, flavorful meats and cheeses. And I promise there’s a flavor for everyone, Virtuoso Classic Crust is currently available in five new varieties: Kale & Bacon with Ricotta, Margherita, Mediterranean Style Chicken, Pepperoni and Vegetable & Goat Cheese. Virtuoso also has a Thin & Crispy crust that comes in nine flavors: Four Cheese, Mozzarella & Pesto, Mushroom, Pepperoni & Ham, Pepperoni Pesto, Seasoned Chicken, Signature Spinach, Tomato & Goat Cheese and Vegetable Medley.
While I quickly throw a pizza in the oven, I like to have a hearty side to help bulk up the meal and give everyone the fuel they need. To keep things moving and save on time, I typically like to make a side that can be made in about the same time as our Virtuoso Classic Crust. Our favorite side dish for our favorite pizza? Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes! Throw in the oven at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes and you’ll have a great side dish for your pizza.
It couldn’t be easier! Chop up your veggies, toss with olive oil, garlic, and seasonings, and bake in the oven along with your frozen pizza! It’s a great way to get veggies in (especially if you have picky eaters in your family) while eating an already delicious-dinner!
Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 2 small yellow squash, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 container of grape tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh or dried parsley , for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning (if possible let rest 5 - 10 minutes to allow flavors to infuse into oil). Place zucchini, squash and tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over top and gently toss with hands to evenly coat. Pour onto prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top of each. Roast in preheated oven 25 - 30 minutes until veggies are tender and Parmesan is golden brown. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve warm.