The baking season has officially started! We kicked it off with making Italian Pizzelles last week and we kept going with my family’s annual cookie day. I lost count of how many Italian Anise Cookies we made but it was a lot. But they aren’t the only cookies we make on cookie day.
Another family favorite is Rolo Cookie Cups. I am not sure when we started making these but everyone looks forward to them as much as the Italian Anise Cookies.
My mom found this recipe in an old cookbook (and I wish I knew the name!) and have become a staple to our Christmas baking extravaganza. While we wait for the Anise cookies to cool, we whip up 4 batches (yeah, four!).
The only hard part to this recipe? Keeping people from eating the unwrapped Rolos while we wait for the cookies to bake! Someone, every year, will sneak a Rolo and we will be short one. Never fails!
Rolo Cookie Cups
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 36 unwrapped Rolos
- Soften butter and melt chocolate.
- Mix all ingredients in mixer.
- Using a teaspoon, fill small muffin tins with paper liners.
- Bakes at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately add Rolos to center of cookie cups (upside down).
- Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Looking for more Christmas Cooke Recipes?