These caramel apple hand pies are filled with cinnamon apples and salted caramel sauce.
It’s apple season….my absolute favorite season! I love baking with apples after a day of apple picking with the family.
And do you know what goes perfect with apples? Sea Salt Caramel Sauce. I mean what doesn’t go well with Sea Salt Caramel Sauce. You can drizzle it on our ice cream. Eat it straight out of the jar. Or make these amazingly simple Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies.
Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies
These are perfect to whip after a day of apple picking when you have a few too many apples in your kitchen. You can even freeze them for later. You can use pre-made pie crusts to speed up the process so they get from the oven to your belly faster!
Your filling is simple: diced apples, cinnamon sugar, and Sea Salt Caramel Sauce.
The key to these hand pies is dicing your apples small, like the size of a corn kernel. This way they cook quickly and get soft in gooey in the oven.
Using a 3-inch circular cookie cutter (or even a glass), cut out 16 dough circles. Place half on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Spoon a small portion of the apple filling into the center of each circle. Make sure you leave enough of a border around the filling.
Place a second dough circle on top of each filled circle then use a fork to crimp the edges together, sealing each pie. Brush each pie with egg wash and use a knife to vent the top.
Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
I dare you to try and not eat all of these in one sitting. Dare you!
- Refrigerator Pie Crusts
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 4 teaspoons Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- Egg wash, 1 egg lightly whisked with 1 Tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon sugar and caramel sauce. Stir thoroughly until mixed.
- Unroll your pie crust. Using a 3-inch circular cookie cutter or a cup, cut out 16 circles.
- Place 8 of the dough circles on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Spoon a small portion of the apple filling into the center of each circle, leaving enough of a border around the filling.
- Place a second dough circle on top of each filled circle then use a fork to crimp the edges together, sealing each pie.
- Brush each pie with the egg wash, and using a sharp knife, cut two or three vents on the top of each pie.
- Bake the pies for about 15 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
- Remove the pies from the oven and allow them to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 152 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 47mg Sodium 1183mg Carbohydrates 21g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 9g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g