These shrimp tacos topped with mango salsa is an easy, flavorful and delicious summer meal ready in 20 minutes!
I participated in Mom Blog Tour Sweets & Snacks Expo (#MomBlogTourFF) on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers. I received Amazon products to facilitate my post, but my opinion and creative content are my own.
I have been on a real shrimp kick lately and I am not sure why. I have been finding more ways to incorporate shrimp into my meals at home and not just order it when we eat out. Problem? I’m the only on in the house who eats it. So I have been trying to come with meal ideas that would be flexible and could use any kind of meat.
My current favorite? Shrimp tacos with Mango Salsa! You can (and should) prep the Mango Salsa ahead of time and is the perfect topping for not only shrimp tacos but also shredded chicken.
But let’s talk about the shrimp. I like to use fresh shrimp but frozen works, too. I lightly tosses my shrimp in Amazon’s Hot n’ Sweet Mango Sauce and sauteed them for a few minutes. Don’t use a lot of the sauce for the shrimp because it will also be in the Mango Salsa. A little bit of this sauce goes a long way!
The mango salsa is colorful, sweet, tangy and spicy and it is made with jalapeno, red bell pepper, mango, red onion, and lime juice. If you are a fan of cilantro, you can add that as well. But for me? I left that out! Make your Mango Salsa ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour so the flavors will meld together.
When you have everything ready to go, assemble your tacos! I like to layer my tacos with red cabbage, then the shrimp, and topped with a lot of the Mango Salsa! Super simple and a flavorful but light summer meal.
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 2 medium-large ripe mangos; peeled, pitted, diced
- ½ red bell pepper; finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons red onion; minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro; diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper; seeded and minced
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Amazon Hot n' Sweet Mango Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb cooked, peeled shrimp
- shredded red cabbage
- Combine the mangos, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño pepper in a bowl. Add the lime juice, Amazon Hot n' Sweet Mango Sauce, and lemon juice, and toss well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and refrigerate for at least an hour to let all the flavors meld.
- While salsa is in fridge, saute shrimp in pan with 1 tablespoon of Amazon Hot n' Sweet Mango Sauce until pink.
- When salsa is ready, assemble your tacos! Layer shredded reb cabbage and cooked shrimp in tortilla shells. Top with mango salsa.
Amazon is the international connoisseur brand in spices that offers the widest variety and flavors. Cultivated at the border of the Amazon jungle, Amazon sauces are made specially to enhance the flavor of the food.
Check out more #MomBlogTourFF recipes featuring Amazon:
Win a prize pack of assorted Amazon Sauces! One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.