It’s been awhile since I have participated in Small Talk Six. I thought I’d give it another go!
6 Favorite Patriotic Movies
1. A League of Their Own – I remember going to see this movie in the theater. It was summertime and my big ‘sis decided to be seen in public with her much younger sister. The horror! We had a great time though. Still a favorite memory of mine.
2. Miracle – I saw this movie in the theater, also. Although, this time it was with the hubster, then boyfriend. It was his idea, of course. I think I remember falling asleep during it. BUT, I don’t think that had to do with the movie itself. More just me being too tired.
3. Apollo 13 – Random factoid. It is because of this movie only that I remember the day that Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. Why’s that? you ask. Because they made the connection in the movie that is was the same day that the Beetles split. Sad, I know.
4. Pearl Harbor – Again, another movie I saw in the theater with the hubster. I remember going because of the awesome Faith Hill song. Encore has been playing this movie like 20 times a day. And of course, every time it’s on, the hubster is watching it.
5. Saving Private Ryan – Not sure why but I avoided this movie for a long time. Maybe it was all the talk about the first 20 minutes of the movie (you know what I mean). After I got over that, I sat down to watch it. And I have loved it ever since.
6. All the President’s Men – I had to watch this film in 8th grade for Social Studies. We watched it over the course of 3 days. When our teacher told us what the movie was about, I thought for sure I’d be bored out of mind. But it was so captivating! Hubster has never seen it and I will make him watch the next time I see it on.