This Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream takes just 10 minutes and five ingredients to prepare!
It is 90 degrees today and it has me thinking (and feeling) about summer. And when I think about summer, I think of my all-time favorite summer desserts: Strawberry Ice Cream Cheesecake. It’s so good. It’s so refreshing. And it’s so easy. Just because it has cheesecake in the name,don’t go thinking you will be slaving in the kitchen. In fact, this is a no-bake dessert that you can throw together in a matter of minutes.
Whenever we are invited to a get together, I don’t like to show up empty handed. During the summer, I bring cut up watermelon, ice pops for the kids, or a fun new dessert I’ve been dying to try out. For those last minute get togethers, I have to rely on a tried and tested dessert. My strawberry ice cream cheesecake has always been a crowd favorite and I really look for any excuse to make it.
So how can you go about making your own Strawberry Ice Cream Cheesecake?
First you need to make sure you have a springform pan. You want to protect the delicate bottom layers such as the graham cracker crumb crust with the easy removal of the sides from a springform pan.
Once you have your springform pan, you need your ingredients. Since there are only 2 ingredients as the main component of the pie, you want to make sure you have a very high quality and flavorful strawberry ice cream.
Next, you simply dump the ice cream cheesecake mix into the graham cracker crust and freeze. The hardest part? Waiting for it to freeze! Serve cold and eat fast.
Strawberry Ice Cream Cheesecake
- 1/2 gallon good-quality strawberry ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 store-bought frozen cheesecake, 8 or 9 inch, room temperature
- Set the ice cream out at room temperature to soften for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to mix together the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Press this mixture over the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan with your fingers; then press all over with the flat bottom of a glass to get the crust really well pressed together and compact. Set aside.
- When the ice cream has softened, fold in pieces of cheesecake. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan and smooth the top. Put that in the freezer to set.
- When you're ready to serve, remove the sides of the springform pan and put the frozen cheesecake on a cake plate.