Last night the hubster and I were watching The Cosby Show. We love this show. Not only does it remind us of our childhood but now that we are older and have a child of our own, we get the “adult” jokes.
Lately, TV Land has been running Cosby Show marathons. One of the first things we do is flip through the guide and see which ones are going to be on. We look to see if our favorites are on and if it’s worth staying up to watch (since the marathons are usually on all night!).
Here are a few of our favorites:
- Theo’s Economic Lesson – Cliff illustrates the cost of living to Theo using Monopoly money. When he tries to reason with his father about loving him regardless of his grades, Cliff responds by saying, “That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life!” Theo resolves to do better in school.
- A Shirt Story – Theo wants to impress a girl by wearing an expensive shirt by designer Gordon Gartrelle. Since Cliff and Clair will not pay for it, Denise offers to make a copy of the shirt for him.
- The Juicer – Cliff, who has a penchant for electronic appliances, buys a juicer. Rudy and Peter, bored from Vanessa’s inattentive baby-sitting, decide to use it even they are not allow to use appliances.
- Theo’s Holiday – After Theo claims that he’ll have no problem making it in the “real world”, the Huxtables convert their house in the “Real World Apartments” and teach him a lesson about the real world.
- Truth or Consequences – Rudy lies to cover for Vanessa, who secretly goes out on a date with her older boyfriend.
- I’m ‘In’ With the ‘In’ Crowd – Vanessa and her friends get drunk playing a drinking game.
- Night of the Wretched – Vanessa and her friends sneak out of town to attend a concert in Baltimore, but encounter huge problems along the way. Afterwards, she must face the wrath of Cliff and an infuriated Clair.
- The Last Barbecue – The Huxtable family erupts in a battle of the sexes after Theo suggests having a stripper at Martin’s post-wedding bachelor party.
Just to name a few.
And now for the reason why I am posting this. Last night, the episode where we first meet Pam (Period of Adjustment) was on. We meet Pam and her friends, Charmaine, Lance and Sly. But wait! His name isn’t Sly, it’s SLIDE! For the past 19 years, I thought his name was Sly!
Hubster pointed out that his name was Slide. I didn’t believe him. Off he went to IMDB to prove me wrong! And boy was I wrong. Please tell me I am not the only who thought his name was Sly? I mean, come on, who would have thought his name was Slide anyway?