These Trix Treats are a quick and easy treat that your children can help you make. They are colorful way to welcome in spring!
My boys love helping me in the kitchen! From prepping dinner to making sweet treats, they are all about learning how to cook and bake.
Things like Rice Krispie Treats are a great way to get the kids in the kitchen! They’re quick and easy and they have a lot of fun putting them together. I always keep the supplies in the pantry to make Krispie Treats so we can whip up a batch whenever the mood strikes us!
But you don’t have to have Rice Krispie Cereal to make a treat bar! You can use just about any kind of cereal. When ever we feel like changing the treat bars up, we swap out our cereal choice to Trix! They are colorful twist on a classic.
Tips for making Trix Treats:
- Spray your pan with cooking spray or grease with butter so your treats don’t stick!
- Also coat your spatula to avoid sticking as well.
- Use a piece of wax paper greased with butter to pack your treats down into the pan. This will keep them from sticking!
- Allow your bars to cool completely before cutting.
- 5 cups Trix Cereal
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2.5 cups mini marshmallows
Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
On the stove, melt the butter and marshmallows together.
Pour the cereal over the mixture and mix together with a greased spatula. Using wax paper, pour the mixture into the baking dish, pressing down to set.
Once your Trix treats are cooled, cut into squares.
That’s all it takes to make these Trix Treats! Only three ingredients and you will be enjoying these in no time.
More sweet recipes you might enjoy:
- Popcorn Cake
- Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Apple Cider Donut Cake
- Kit Kat Cake