This turkey taco chili soup takes minutes to prep and can be enjoyed all week long. This simple & hearty chili recipe will become a staple in your weekly menu plan!
It is so bitterly cold outside which makes me want to cook all of the warm comfort foods I can think of. There are two things I love to make when it’s too cold to leave the house: soup and chili.
And this Turkey Chili Taco Soup is the best of both worlds!
I don’t ever remember it being this cold here and I feel like nothing I do gets me warm. We have spent most of our days in sweats and bundled up under blankets.
No one wants to leave the house voluntarily, only when we have to. Which makes me want to cook and bake. If anything, the oven and stove help keep the kitchen warm!
You can throw this soup together in the morning and let it simmer all day, filling your home with a wonderful smell and warming your kitchen. Plus, it’s made with ground turkey and tons of veggies so it will fill your belly and warm your soul. It’s also a great way to sneak some veggies to the kids!
Or you can quickly throw this together when you need a quick weeknight meal. It’s so versatile!
I like to make a big batch of this and reheat it during the week for lunches. It also freezes well. To reheat, you can drop it in the crockpot and heat on warm until heated throughout.
Tips for making Turkey Chili Taco Soup:
- Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.
- Make skillet cornbread as a side dish.
- If you want to make this soup more like chili, reduce the amount of chicken broth. If you need it more soup, add more chicken broth.
- You can swap out the ground turkey for ground beef or even shredded chicken.
- To up the flavor, use Rotel Tomatoes with Diced Green chilis or add more taco seasoning.
Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- cooking spray
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz canned or frozen corn drained
- 15 oz no salt added kidney beans drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz fat free refried beans
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
Spray a large pot with cooking spray. Brown the turkey over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, re-fried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, jalapeños, shredded cheese, or chopped fresh cilantro.
Below are our favorite quick weeknight recipes. We think you might enjoy them all!