This turkey taco chili soup takes minutes to prep and can be enjoyed all week long. This simple & hearty chili recipe will become a staple in your weekly menu plan!
It is so bitterly cold outside which makes me want to cook all of the warm comfort foods I can think of. There are two things I love to make when it’s too cold to leave the house: soup and chili.
And this Turkey Chili Taco Soup is the best of both worlds!
I don’t ever remember it being this cold here and I feel like nothing I do gets me warm. We have spent most of our days in sweats and bundled up under blankets.
No one wants to leave the house voluntarily, only when we have to. Which makes me want to cook and bake. If anything, the oven and stove help keep the kitchen warm!
How to Make Turkey Chili Taco Soup
To make this Turkey Chili Taco Soup, you will need:
- ground turkey
- chopped medium onion
- chopped bell pepper
- diced tomatoes
- canned or frozen corn, drained
- kidney beans, drained
- tomato sauce
- fat free refried beans
- low-sodium taco seasoning (or homemade chicken stock)
You can throw this soup together in the morning and let it simmer all day, filling your home with a wonderful smell and warming your kitchen. Plus, it’s made with ground turkey and tons of veggies so it will fill your belly and warm your soul. It’s also a great way to sneak some veggies to the kids!
Or you can quickly throw this together when you need a quick weeknight meal. It’s so versatile!
I like to make a big batch of this and reheat it during the week for lunches. It also freezes well. To reheat, you can drop it in the crockpot and heat on warm until heated throughout.
Tips for making Turkey Chili Taco Soup:
- Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.
- Make skillet cornbread as a side dish.
- If you want to make this soup more like chili, reduce the amount of chicken broth. If you need it more soup, add more chicken broth.
- You can swap out the ground turkey for ground beef or even shredded chicken.
- To up the flavor, use Rotel Tomatoes with Diced Green chilis or add more taco seasoning.
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A FEW MORE SOUP RECIPES, YOU HAVE TO TRY THESE FAMILY FAVORITES:
- Summer Sweet Corn Soup: You can enjoy this soup all year round!
- Chicken Noodle Soup from Scratch: There’s nothing better than homemade chicken noodle soup!
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup Recipe: This recipe has been in my family for years!
Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- cooking spray
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz canned or frozen corn, drained
- 15 oz no salt added kidney beans, drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz fat free refried beans
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray. Brown the turkey over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, re-fried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, jalapeños, shredded cheese, or chopped fresh cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 551 Total Fat 22g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 122mg Sodium 1109mg Carbohydrates 51g Fiber 12g Sugar 8g Protein 43g