These soft and chewy Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies are perfect for the holidays!
Day 6 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies
If you are going to bake cookies this Christmas season, you have to bake Sugar Cookies! This Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies are the ultimate sugar cookie! Vanilla, butter, sugar. Doesn’t get any better than this!
We have tried a lot of sugar cookie recipes over the years. They were ok. But I never really nailed them. But this year? This year, I nailed them! This Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies are crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle. They taste like they are right from a bakery!
You can bake these as drop cookies or you can roll them out and make traditional Cut Out Sugar Cookies. We tried both this weekend and I am not sure which ones are my favorite!
Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract, if using, and beat well.
- Mix in flour.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes.
- To make your icing, mix powdered sugar with a splash of milk. You want your icing to be on the thicker side. If your icing is too runny, add more powdered sugar.
Tips for Vanilla Butter Sugar Cookies:
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for a faster cleanup!
- You can use this same recipe to make Classic Sugar Cookies. Let the dough chill a bit before rolling out. Then use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Bake and decorate.