Since my husband is tired of hearing my constant complaints over the new American Gladiators, I thought I post them out in cyber land! Here they are in no particular order:
1. Joust – Jousting over water screams lawsuit to me! Those Gladiators are swinging pretty hard and fast (especially the women!) and it won’t be long until someone gets the knocked out. Now this wouldn’t be a concern in the old days when they would just plummet to the mats. However, if a contestant were to be knocked unconscious, they would fall into the water. If they didn’t come to right away, there would be a definite risk of drowning.
2. Wolf – This is one is short and sweet. Hate the character, hate the howling. Go back to bull fighting.
3. Earthquake – They really should not be allowed to hang on the cables to stay up. Why not just hold onto the cables the entire time? This way you are at least guaranteed some points.
4. Titan – He looks like a plastic Ken doll! But the guy is one huge mofo!
5. Fury – Please, please take your hair out of the tight, high ponytail! It makes you look like a tranny!
6. Hulk Hogan – Bringing tons of cheese to the show. I have officially started a “Brother” count when watching. If I wasn’t pregnant, I would turn it into a drinking game.
7 . Talking – There are too many interviews and too much talking. It is the same question before each event with the same cliched answers. Do the contestants get bonuses for how many cliches they can use in a show?
8. The ref – Is there a reason that you pick the most out of shape ref for a show all about athletic ability?
I am sure I could keep going on forever but these are the main gripes. Bottom line: I’ll still watch because it is so addicting!