This post is sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are my own. #CookingUpGood
I don’t know what it is about a snow day that makes me want to bake. From cookies to muffins to cakes, I find myself wanting to get in the kitchen to whip something up. Maybe it’s the extra warmth coming from the oven. Maybe its the awesomeness that comes out of the oven that we gobble down. Whatever it is, I am thankful for the desire to bake on a snowy day. So what did I bake on this snowy Saturday? Warm Triple-Chocolate Pudding Cake. I mean, really, could it get any better than that. You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry!
Warm Triple-Chocolate Pudding Cake
You will need: 1 package devil’s food cake mix, 2 packages (the 3.9 oz each boxes) of JELL-O Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 cups milk, 1 1/4 cup water, 3 cups of mini-marshmallows, and 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate. Prepare the cake batter as directed on the box. Pour into a 13×9-inch baking dish. Make sure you spray with cooking spray first! Then, beat the dry pudding mix, sugar, milk, and water with a wisk for 2 minutes. Pour over cake batter. Before you put your dish in the oven, place on a rimmed cookie sheet in case of spillage! Now, you have to wait an hour until you can pull the cake from the oven. I know, I know, but all good things come to those who wait! When the cake is done (insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean, it’s done!) and cool for 10 minutes. While cooling, get your broiler warm. Place the marshmallows on top and broil for about a minute. Keep an eye on these! You don’t want to burn your marshmallows, just get them nice and browned. To top off your cake, melt the semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle on top. Cool for another 15 minutes and you are good to dig in!
- 1 pkg., 2-layer size devil's food cake mix
- 2 pkg., 3.9 oz. each JELL-O Chocolate Fudge Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 3 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- PREPARE cake batter as directed on package; pour into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Beat dry pudding mixes, sugar, milk and water with whisk 2 min.; pour over cake batter. Place on rimmed baking sheet.
- BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Meanwhile, heat broiler.
- TOP cake with marshmallows. Broil, 6 inches from heat, 30 sec. to 1 min. or until marshmallows are golden brown. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over marshmallows. Cool 15 min.
It’s time to try something new in the new year! Head to the The Kraft Foods Hub to find recipes the whole family will love! Plus, watch the game day finger food video for tips on how to make delicious mac n’ cheese bites! Once you find a recipe you like head to your nearest Walmart store to find all the The Kraft Foods products you’ll need for the new year. Win a $100, $250, or a $1,000 Walmart gift card! Simply create an eCard with your favorite top-Pinned Kraft Foods recipes, fill out the entry form, and then share your card. Not only will you be entered for a chance to win high value Walmart gift cards, but you’ve also created a delicious collection of recipes you can share on Pinterest!