We made this watermelon lemonade to sweeten up our summer with the help of Sweet’N Low® as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #donthesitaste
When you think summer, you think lemonade. I have always relied on pre-made mixes. I mean why not? You just measure out the mix, add water, and you have lemonade! But making your own lemonade can’t be that hard right? I had to try it.
I was a little nervous about squeezing the lemons. I’m not sure why but it seemed like a daunting feet. But I did it! And after cutting and juicing 8 lemons, I figured out a few helpful tips.
1. Roll the lemons on the counter to soften them up a bit. You only have to roll them a few times and you’ll feel the lemon soften up under your hand.
2. Cut in half and then slice slits into the lemon. This will help filter out some of the seeds.
3. Squeeze the heck out of the lemon! I juiced all of my lemons without a juicer and had no issues getting all of the juice out. If you feel like there is some juice left, go back in and add some more slits.
It really is that easy!
I wish I could say that the rest of the recipe was easy too. Maybe easy isn’t the word I should be using because it is a simple recipe. After all, all you need is some lemons, watermelon, Sweet’N Low®, and water. You can enjoy the sweetness you love without the extra calories with the help of Sweet’N Low®!
I think the word I am looking for is time intensive. Between the squeezing, the pureeing, and the straining, there is a lot of time that is involved in make watermelon lemonade. But it is so, so worth it!
Watermelon lemonade is perfect for all of your summer picnics and parties. By throwing in some frozen blueberries, you have a patriotic drink to enjoy on the 4th of the July!
- 36 packets of Sweet'N Low
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 large lemons) - 4 squeezed lemons reserved
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- Bring 6 cups water, sugar and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat, add reserved lemons, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Puree chopped watermelon in a blender or food processor with 1 cup water.
- Pour syrup and watermelon puree through a strainer into a pitcher. Stir in lemon juice. (Lemonade can be made up to 1 day ahead.) Serve over ice.
Want to make your summer even sweeter? Come hangout with Sweet’N Low® on their summer sampling tour to try some Sweet’N Low® sweetened iced tea, play fun games and snap hilarious pictures of all the fun. Be sure to mention “A GRANDE LIFE” at the event for a special gift. See where you can meet up with Sweet’N Low® this summer at: sweetnlow.com/tour.