Watermelon Lemonade is a cool and refreshing drink perfect on a hot summer’s day! This recipe is so easy and delicious, you’ll definitely be making this all summer long!
Summertime is all about summer recipes and summer drinks. One of the things on my personal summer bucket list is to try out some new recipes and think outside the box.
When you think summer, you think lemonade. I have always relied on pre-made mixes. I mean why not? You just measure out the mix, add water, and you have lemonade! But making your own lemonade can’t be that hard right? I had to try it.
I was a little nervous about squeezing the lemons. I’m not sure why but it seemed like a daunting feet. But I did it! And after cutting and juicing 8 lemons, I figured out a few helpful tips.
Tips for Squeezing Lemons
- Roll the lemons on the counter to soften them up a bit. You only have to roll them a few times and you’ll feel the lemon soften up under your hand.
- Cut in half and then slice slits into the lemon. This will help filter out some of the seeds.
- Squeeze the heck out of the lemon! I juiced all of my lemons without a juicer and had no issues getting all of the juice out. If you feel like there is some juice left, go back in and add some more slits.
It really is that easy!
I wish I could say that the rest of the recipe was easy too. Maybe easy isn’t the word I should be using because it is a simple recipe. After all, all you need is some lemons, watermelon, sugar, and water.
I think the word I am looking for is time intensive. Between the squeezing, the pureeing, and the straining, there is a lot of time that is involved in make watermelon lemonade. But it is so, so worth it!
Tips for making Watermelon Lemonade:
- Taste your watermelon before pureeing it. If it’s super sweet, you may want to cut back on the added sugar.
- Puree your watermelons well then strain through a fine sieve or colander to remove pulp.
- Add sparkling water or vodka for a twist.
- The watermelon will settle in this lemonade if left to sit. Give it a good stir before filling up your glass!
Watermelon lemonade is perfect for all of your summer picnics and parties. By throwing in some frozen blueberries, you have a patriotic drink to enjoy on the 4th of the July!
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 4 cups watermelon, chopped
- 3 cups water, cold
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Bring 1/2 cup of water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat and let stand for 10 minutes or until cooled.
- Blend watermelon until smooth. Strain through a mesh strainer. Discard pulp.
- Add watermelon juice, lemon juice and simple syrup to pitcher. Top with cold water and serve immediately.
Other summer recipes you might enjoy:
Beer-Boiled Shrimp with Fresh Corn
This Easy Beer-Boiled Shrimp with Fresh Corn Recipe has a sweet summer taste!
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
These shrimp tacos topped with mango salsa is an easy, flavorful and delicious summer meal ready in 20 minutes!
Three simple ingredients blended together to create Frozen Lemonade, a refreshing summertime drink.
Avocado Lime Popsicles
Avocado lime popsicles are the perfectly healthy summer treat! With only 4 simple ingredients these are so easy to make and so refreshing!
Nutter Butter Flip Flop Cookies: A Summertime Treat
These Nutter Butter Flip Flop Cookies are perfect for summer parties! Everyone will flip over these cute cookies.
Orzo Summer Pasta Salad
This delicious flavorful Orzo Summer Pasta Salad is packed with summer vegetables. It's perfect for summer picnics and barbecues!
This looks so refreshing!
Lux Ganzon says
Now you’re making me really thirsty. This looks so refreshing and cool, plus healthy! Yum!
Yum! I usually rely on pre-made lemonade mixes myself.
i think watermelon lemonade is the perfect summer drink. I can’t wait to give this a try. Thank you for sharing this recipe.