I’ve partnered with the Vaseline team to share my top Winter Skin Care Tips.
We’ve been lucky this winter. It hasn’t been that cold. Regardless of the temperature, I have to up my skin care routine in the winter to keep the scaly skin away. No one likes dry flaky skin so I have to take care of it all winter long.
5 Winter Skin Care Tips
1. Moisturize! No brainer, right? Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Essential Healing Lotion leaves skin deeply moisturized and looking noticeably healthier. The secret? Vaseline® Intensive Care™ lotions contain deep healing moisturizers plus Vaseline® Jelly that absorb deeply to heal dry skin. All Vaseline® Intensive Care® lotions can be used daily and are available at Walmart and other food, drug and mass retailers nationwide.
Every purchase of Vaseline® lotion (or jelly) in the U.S. will help support Direct Relief through a buy one to help heal one promotion. Learn more at and see the difference The Vaseline® Healing Project is making.
2. Hydrate. Glowing radiant skin is as simple as drinking water. However, I am such a slacker when it comes to drinking water. It is something you should do all the time but I have never been a fan of water. Hydration will help give your glowing and radiant skin. That’s enough for me to start drinking more water!
3. Use SPF. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can skip the sunscreen. Pick a foundation that includes an SPF. While the rest of you is bundled up, your face is still exposed to the sun and elements. The sun’s rays can still penetrate your skin and cause damage no matter the season! Make sure you to protect your face and don’t forget your sunglasses!
4. Easy up on Exfoliating. Keep the exfoliating to a minimum, about twice a week. Since exfoliating will help get rid of dry, flaky skin, it is still important to do. Make sure you use a lighter pressure when scrubbing as well.
5. Skip the hot showers. This is another hard one for me to break. I love hot showers! The hotter the better! But hot water opens your pores and causes moisture loss which means dry skin! I need to work on taking lukewarm showers in the winter.
By following the simple winter skin care tips above, you can combat dry winter skin!