I went to see Annie last night. The show was good but I didn’t realize how different it was from the movie. It wasn’t my favorite but it was good to see. The orphans were great and really made the show!
Now onto my rant about the show!
I know Annie is considered a children’s show. I kept this in mind while I was there but there were a few things that really bothered me.
1. The show was at 8 pm and there were a lot of young children in attendance. By intermission, I saw a ton of parents carrying their children out of the theater sleeping. What a waste of at least $120!
2. We are not at the opera. Why do you have children dressed to the nines? Who are you trying to impress?
3. If you have to explain what is going on in the show to your child during the ENTIRE show, they probably shouldn’t be there.
4. It is not acceptable to take your shoes off in a public place. EVER.
5. If you are attending the show with your two young daughters, it is not acceptable to drink throughout the entire show and then leave your trash all over the floor. It is very irresponsible and you are setting a bad example to your kids.
And this is just general theater etiquette:
6. TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE. IF YOU FORGET TO TURN YOUR CELL PHONE OFF AND IT SHOULD RING, SHUT IT OFF IMMEDIATELY (DON’T LET IT RING UNTIL IT GETS TO VOICEMAIL) AND DO NOT ANSWER IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW.