Even though my husband hates it, we are getting into the Halloween spirit! From making some craft decorations to spooky treats, the kids and I are really doing it up this Halloween!
One of our favorite spooky desserts has been the Zombie Dirt Dessert. It takes the kids favorites and combines them all in one bowl. I mean, what kid doesn’t love chocolate pudding? And when you top that chocolate pudding with cookie dust and chocolate candy, you have clear winner!
These are perfect for an after school treat or to place on your Halloween dessert bar.
Zombie Dirt Dessert
- 1 (5.1) ounce Box Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 Bag Shortbread Cookies
- 1 Black Food Writer Pen
- Crushed Chocolate Cookies
- Palmer® Fudge Filled Skulls
1. Make chocolate instant pudding as instructed by pudding box in large bowl. Divide into custard cups and place in refrigerator to chill.
2. While pudding is chilling, crush chocolate cookies to make dirt garnish.
3. Using Black Food Writer Pen, write the letters RIP on shortbread cookies and set aside to dry.
4. Top each dessert with a shortbread cookie tombstone and a Palmer® Fudge Filled Skull. Sprinkle with cookie garnish.
5. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!
About R.M. Palmer Company
Just in time for the spookiest of holidays, R.M. Palmer Company has launched their new Halloween website filled with easy-to-make candy-inspired recipes, kid-friendly crafts and inexpensive party decoration ideas. The chocolatier, known for Making Candy Fun, has focused on helping budget-conscious moms find fun and creative ways to celebrate Halloween without spending a lot of money. Visit Palmer’s new Halloween website to find crafts, recipes, party decor, and ideas on how to get more boo for your buck!
Disclosure: I was provided with supplies to conduct my review. All opinions are my own.