Posts by shorts:
- Tart apples are key when making Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies. I love to bake with Honeycrisp apples because they are hardy and don’t get mushy.
- You want to use rolled old fashioned oats not quick oats for the best flavor and texture.
- I always use a cookie scoop when baking cookies. Not only is it a quick way to scoop out your cookie dough but you will end up with perfectly round cookies!
- Cookie Scoop – I always use a cookie scoop when baking cookies. It makes scooping your cookie dough quick and easy and leaves you with perfectly round cookies.
- Apple Peeler – Before dicing your apples, you are going to want to peel them. Peeling apples can be tedious so using an apple peeler makes getting the job done easier.
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 cups Uncooked Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp softened Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Applesauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Peeled Diced Apple
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir oats into flour mixture and set aside.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar.
- Add in egg, apple sauce and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, stirring by hand, until incorporated.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Spoon into 1 tablespoon balls and place on prepared sheets 2″ apart. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- After you cut out your mini taco shells, cut a slit in the middle of the tortillas! Don’t go all the way through. Just enough to vent the shells so they don’t fill with air when frying.
- Once you have your shells fried, immediately coat in the cinnamon sugar and stand them in an upside down muffin tin. This will help them keep their shape until they are ready to fill.
- There are so many apples to choose from when making an apple filling. I like to use Honeycrisp apples because they are hearty and don’t get mushy no matter how long you cook them. This will give your filling more firm apples.
- Tongs – You are going to need stainless tongs when frying your shells! Make sure you sue all metal tongs and not ones that have plastic. The oil will be very hot and you don’t want melted plastic!
- Round Cookie Cutter – To make you mini taco shells, you will need a 3-4 inch round cookie cutter.
- Muffin Tin – The key to keeping your shells’ shape is to have them rest on an upside down muffin tin until you are ready to fill.
- 3 large flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 c. cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. lightly packed brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Finger Lakes Distilling Maple Liqueur
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Using a 3 to 4" cookie cutter, stamp out smaller circles from tortillas. Cut a slit in the middle of the shells so they don't balloon when frying.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 1” oil until shimmering. Working one a time, add a tortilla to the skillet and let sizzle for 30 seconds. Flip tortilla and use tongs to fold tortilla in half to create a taco shell. Cook on one side until golden, about 2 minutes, supporting the shell with tongs the whole time. Flip and cook until golden on other side, about 2 minutes more.
- Immediately toss shell in cinnamon sugar then place in between inverted cups of muffin tin. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in apples, sugars, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, and liqueur. Cook, stirring often, until apples have softened and mixture is jammy, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon mixture into each cinnamon sugar shell.
- Combine Greek Yogurt and powdered sugar to make icing. Drizzle on top of tacos!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are perfect any day of the year! Soft and chewy with a delicious apple cinnamon flavor. Comfort in every bite!
Confession: I am not an oatmeal fan. Hear me out. I’m one of those people who can’t stand hot oatmeal. It’s totally a texture thing for me.
These apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies are packed with all those delicious fall flavors: apple, cinnamon, and oatmeal.
These apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies are perfect any time of the day, any time of year but there is nothing better than eating these on a crisp fall day.
They pair perfectly with a hot cup of tea or even warm apple cider. You really can’t go wrong!
Tips for making Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies:
LOOKING FOR MORE APPLE RECIPES? WE THINK YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE!
IT’S SUPER EASY TO MAKE THESE Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
You don’t need any special kitchen equipment to make these Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies so there’s no excuse not to make it right now!
NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR COOKING ESSENTIALS, YOU ARE READY TO MAKE THESE Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies!
A fun twist on traditional apple pie! These mini apple pie tacos takes a classic fall dessert into a portable bite!
This recipe is sponsored by the American Dairy Association North East. All opinions are 100% mine.
Some people get all excited for pumpkin everything once September hits. Me? I am all about the apples! Apple pies. Apple crumble. Apple crisp. I love it all!
Small problem. I’m the only one in my family who enjoys baked apples! Because of this, I tend to make mini versions of my favorite baked apple desserts.
These mini apple pie tacos are not only a mini version of my favorite apple pie but a fun twist on a traditional dish!
I whipped up these Mini Apple Pie Tacos for a cooking competition on the Undeniably Dairy Tour! This is one of my favorite food tours to date.
Before we were sent off to the kitchen to whip up our creations, we spent an entire day visiting dairy farms and learning everything there is to know about where your milk, cheese, and other favorite dairy products come from.
When it comes to dairy, you tend to forget all of the ways you use it each and every day. From the milk you pour into your kids’ cereal or the creamer you add to your morning coffee, most of us start our day off with dairy.
And the dairy doesn’t just stop there! My house is filled with cheese lovers. They seriously can not get enough of it. From topping our tacos with it to mixing it into our favorite pasta to making a cheese board for lunch (my current favorite), we probably eat cheese at least once a day.
And I am always looking for ways to sneak it into our favorite recipes. Recipe calls for sour cream? Swap it our for some plain Greek Yogurt. No one will know the difference. Trust me on that one!
Which brings me back to those amazing Mini Apple Pie Tacos. That icing drizzle? It’s Greek Yogurt! When making something as super sweet as these Mini Apple Pie Tacos, you need something to cut it down. Greek Yogurt does the trick! You still have a sweet drizzle but with the tang of Greek Yogurt.
Tips for making Mini Apple Pie Tacos:
LOOKING FOR MORE APPLE RECIPES? WE THINK YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE!
IT’S SUPER EASY TO MAKE THESE MINI APPLE PIE TACOS!
Mini Apple Pie Tacos
You don’t need any special kitchen equipment to make these Mini Apple Pie Tacos so there’s no excuse not to make it right now!
NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR COOKING ESSENTIALS, YOU ARE READY TO MAKE THESE MINI APPLE PIE TACOS!
Apple Pie Filling
Thanks to ADANE for the awesome photos of my Mini Apple Pie Tacos!
If you signed up for the class party or have a Halloween party to attend, you don’t have to spend hours making a fun Halloween Treat! These quick and easy Halloween Treats can be made in less than 30 minutes so you can enjoy all of the spooky fun!
Sometimes you just don’t have the time to make something elaborate to bring to your kids’ class party or that Halloween party you were invited to. Or maybe you spent all of your time making your kids’ costume or searching for that Fortnite costume that was impossible to track down? Oh just me?
But you still want to have a fun Halloween treat to bring with you! Don’t worry, I got you covered! I am all about quick and easy Halloween treats so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the holiday with your friends and family.
Quick and Easy Halloween Treats
One of my go-to Halloween treats is chocolate covered Rice Krispie Treats decorated for Halloween! These are so simple the kids can even help you.
Monster Treats are by the far the easiest and there is no right or wrong way to decorate them! You just need some candy eyes and different colored melted chocolate. Let your kids’ imaginations run wild!
Mummy Treats are perfect when you don’t have the time to really be creative! Just dip in white chocolate and add candy eyes!
Franken Treats are my all-time favorite Halloween treat! They were the first Halloween Treat I made almost 10 years ago and got me started on making a fun Halloween treat each year.
It doesn’t get any easier than these Witches’ Hats and Broomsticks! Attach a Hershey Kiss on top of a cookie and you have your hat! And for the broomsticks? Pretzel rods and Reese’s Cups!
And if you really need a quick Halloween Treat and use up that candy corn? Well then you want to make this Candy Corn Bark!
When all else fails, grab some pretzels, chocolate melts, and candy corn! These Candy Corn pretzel bites will go be gone in a matter of minutes!
The most sizzling bacon recipes for any time of day! You’ll be bringing home the bacon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
We all know that bacon makes everything better! Am I right? You seriously can’t go wrong with adding a little bacon (or a lot) to your dishes.
Bacon is more than just a staple on the breakfast table. The following bacon recipes will knock your socks off and have you adding bacon to all of your meals.
The Most Amazing Bacon Recipes
Veggie Bacon Recipes
Is there a better way to eat your veggies than with bacon? It doesn’t take a lot of bacon to add a lot of delicious bacon flavor.
- Pan Fried Green Bean Almondine with Bacon and Garlic from Wholesome Yum
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts from Craft Create Cook
- Spiced Sweet Potato and Bacon Skewers from Home Cooking Memories
- Hasselback Potatoes Stuffed with Garlic Bacon from The Salty Side Dish
- Bacon Wrapped Dates from Menu of Musings
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans from Green Healthy Cooking
- Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash Recipe from Home Cooking Memories
- Bacon Parmesan Roasted Potatoes from The Suburban Soapbox
- Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts from The Bewitchin’ Kitchen
- Broccoli Bacon Salad from It is a Keeper
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Onion Bombs from Noshing with the Nolands
Main Dish Bacon Recipes
Whether you are adding bacon to a main dish or wrapping it around chicken, you are going to love these main dish ideas that include crispy bacon!
- Bacon and Ranch Chicken Quinoa Bowls from Almost Supermom
- Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Chicken from Tastes of Lizzy T
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken & Pineapple Skewers from Noshing with the Nolands
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks from Sweet and Savory Meals
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Breasts from All She Cooks
- Chicken Bacon Hawaiian Kabobs from About A Mom
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders from Wholesome Yum
- Honey Mustard BBQ Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops from We’re Parents
- Shrimp and Bacon Fried Rice from The Little Kitchen
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp from The Foodie Affair
Bacon Recipes for Appetizers and Side Dishes
Your crowd will go crazy for these apps and side dishes featuring bacon! Serve them along side your favorite main dish or serve them alone. Either way, you are going to want make these recipes!
- Bacon and Cheddar Steak Fries from 3 Boys and a Dog
- Bacon Cheese Rolls from Creations by Kara
- Warm Bacon Coleslaw from Culinary Ginger
- Cheese And Bacon Gougères from Living Sweet Moments
- Bacon Cole Slaw from Almost Supermom
- Bacon Cheddar Cornbread Skillet from A Grande Life
- Bacon, Parmesan, and Arugula Potato Salad from Kylee Cooks
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin from Sweet and Savory Meals
- Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels from Simply Stacie
- Bacon Broccoli Salad from 3 Boys and a Dog
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from Eating on a Dime
- Irresistible Roasted Potato Bacon Roses from Fearless Dining
- Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms from My Organized Chaos
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Bites from Who Needs a Cape
Comments Off on The Most Amazing Bacon Recipes
Get up close and personal with Niagara Falls with a Discovery Pass. Four Niagara Falls attractions for one low price!
My family was hosted by Niagara Falls USA. All opinions are our own.
This past summer, my family took an epic road trip! One of our stops was Niagara Falls, New York. Both my husband and I haven’t been to Niagara Falls in years and it was the first time for the boys.
Thanks to the help of Niagara Falls USA, we had an amazing trip planned! To get the most out of our trip to Niagara Falls, we used our Niagara Falls Discovery Pass. Niagara Falls State Park is open 365 days a year and it’s always free to walk into the Park and see the Falls.
Get even closer to the Falls, and buy a Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass and experience thrilling attractions including the Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Aquarium of Niagara, Niagara Adventure Theater and unlimited rides on the Scenic Trolley for the day. As an added bonus, take advantage of bonus discounts and free gifts at other local attractions including Old Fort Niagara, the New York Power Authority Niagara Power Project, and Artpark.
Discover Niagara Falls with a Discovery Pass
Maid of the Mist
You can’t go to Niagara Falls and not ride on the Maid of the Mist. This boat tour has been a Niagara Falls staple for more than 150 years.
The Niagara Falls Maid of the Mist tour takes visitors on an excursion into the basin of Niagara Falls State Park’s Horseshoe Falls. The views are absolutely stunning and you can really take in the beauty and power of the Falls. It truly is overwhelming!
One thing to keep in mind: you will get wet! But don’t worry, you are given a souvenir poncho to wear on the boat.
Cave of the Winds
Cave of the Winds gives you an even closer view of the Falls. After you descend into the gorge, you will be brought within feet of Bridal Veil Falls.
Stand on the Hurricane Deck and feel the sheer power of the Falls!
Again, you will get wet! Everyone is given not only a poncho, but also sandals to wear on the decks. You don’t have to get completely soaked…unless you want to!
Aquarium of Niagara
An excellent addition to any Niagara Falls trip, the aquarium has over 30 exhibits including the new Penguin Coast exhibit, 200 aquatic animal species, and daily penguin, shark and tidal pool feedings for people of all ages to enjoy.
More than 1,500 aquatic animals live at the Niagara Falls aquarium, representing ecosystems ranging from the Great Lakes to coral reefs. Highlights of the Niagara aquarium include over 40 exhibits starring California sea lions, Peruvian penguins, seahorses, sturgeon and more.
Niagara Adventure Theater
Hold onto your seats for the most powerful and involving film experience the brings reality to life on the big screen. You will witness Niagara Falls’ incredible stories and history that would otherwise take a lifetime to experience in just 30 minutes. Discover the thundering Falls from a completely new and exhilarating perspective, and plunge over them with history’s daredevils.
The air-conditioned Niagara Adventure Theater auditorium features stadium seating for 314, and is located at the Niagara Falls State Park Visitor Center. “Niagara: Legends of Adventure” screens every 45 minutes, so be sure to check the schedule in order to plan accordingly.
Niagara Scenic Trolley
This guided Niagara Falls Trolley gives passengers an overview of the park and offers historical anecdotes, fun facts, and tips for checking out the park’s most popular attractions.
Niagara Discovery Center, Schoellkopf Power Plant Ruins & Hiking Trails
From interactive exhibits at our Discovery Center, to touring the ruins of the first hydroelectric power station, to hiking some of the best trails in the country, Niagara Falls is both educational and action-packed.
Comments Off on Discover Niagara Falls with a Discovery Pass